Problogger and is putting on a group writing project. Participation, and the allocation of prizes will use the same format as the Problogger Group Writing project, but will have a World of Warcraft theme.
The TopicThe topic for this project will be The Burning Crusade. Here are a few ideas for topics:
- What will be the first thing you do when The Burning Crusade is released.
- What The Burning Crusade brings to World of Warcraft.
- How to get the most out of the Outlands.
- Seventy or Bust.
- Flora and Fauna of the Outlands.
The PrizesHere are the prizes that will go to three lucky winners.
- A copy of The Burning Crusade Expansion
- A copy of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Official Strategy Guide
- And a World of Wacraft Trading Card Game Starter Pack
The RulesThere are a few simple steps that you need to do to get in the running for the prizes.
- Write a post about The Burning Crusade on your blog. This is the hard part. See the tips section below. Your post must be new. It must be written/published on or after today. (Friday, 5th January, 2007)
- The post must be on topic. Off topic posts will not be considered.
- Submit it to Stropp's World using the Contact form. Make sure that you provide a contact name and email and of course, a link to your post. I'll need your email address to contact you for your shipping details if you win. I won't use your email for any other purpose than to contact you.
- Submission must be by the end 13th of January, 2007.
- Two + 1 links to your post will be published. One on a daily list of posts received (depending on how many are submitted.) The second on a complete list of posts when the contest is over. The plus 1 will be links to the posts of the winners.
- This project is similar in principle to a blog carnival. So read everyones posts and link to them if you find them to be a good read. This linking should help with everyones position in the search engines and hopefully get you more long term readers.
TipsHere are some tips to help you with the group blogging project.
- Think up a unique angle on The Burning Crusade.
- Create an interesting title for your post.
- Check your post for grammar and spelling.
- Link to other posts in the competition. If you like those posts, say so, and why.
- Comment on the other posts.
- Most of all, enjoy reading what everyone has to say.