The Burning Crusade swiftly approaches. The wait is nearly over. Soon vast numbers of the citizens of Azeroth will pass through the Dark Portal and begin their adventure in the Outlands.
To commemorate this event, Stropp’s World is taking a leaf from Problogger and is putting on a group writing project. Participation, and the allocation of prizes will use the same format as the Problogger Group Writing project, but will have a World of Warcraft theme.
The topic for this project will be The Burning Crusade. Here are a few ideas for topics:
- What will be the first thing you do when The Burning Crusade is released.
- What The Burning Crusade brings to World of Warcraft.
- How to get the most out of the Outlands.
- Seventy or Bust.
- Flora and Fauna of the Outlands.
These are just a few ideas of the top of my head. Feel free to use these, or to make up one of your own. Just make sure it is Burning Crusade related. Be as creative as you possibly can. A post with a creative topic or title is likely to get more love from the blogosphere.
Here are the prizes that will go to three lucky winners.
- A copy of The Burning Crusade Expansion
- A copy of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Official Strategy Guide
- And a World of Wacraft Trading Card Game Starter Pack
The three winners will be randomly selected from all of the participants after the contest has concluded on January 13th. All prizes will then be ordered using Amazon, and shipped to the winners supplied address. The exception to this is the Official Strategy Guide which is being released on the 30th of January. All shipping will be using Amazon’s standard shipping.
There are a few simple steps that you need to do to get in the running for the prizes.
- Write a post about The Burning Crusade on your blog. This is the hard part. See the tips section below. Your post must be new. It must be written/published on or after today. (Friday, 5th January, 2007)
- The post must be on topic. Off topic posts will not be considered.
- Submit it to Stropp’s World using the Contact form. Make sure that you provide a contact name and email and of course, a link to your post. I’ll need your email address to contact you for your shipping details if you win. I won’t use your email for any other purpose than to contact you.
- Submission must be by the end 13th of January, 2007.
- Two + 1 links to your post will be published. One on a daily list of posts received (depending on how many are submitted.) The second on a complete list of posts when the contest is over. The plus 1 will be links to the posts of the winners.
- This project is similar in principle to a blog carnival. So read everyones posts and link to them if you find them to be a good read. This linking should help with everyones position in the search engines and hopefully get you more long term readers.
Once all submissions are received by the end of Saturday the 13th, I will randomly select the winners. I’ll get my dartboard and blindfold ready.
Here are some tips to help you with the group blogging project.
- Think up a unique angle on The Burning Crusade.
- Create an interesting title for your post.
- Check your post for grammar and spelling.
- Link to other posts in the competition. If you like those posts, say so, and why.
- Comment on the other posts.
- Most of all, enjoy reading what everyone has to say.